Sunday, February 27, 2011

Belly pics, Skype, and Babies R Us

I finally forced Ben to take a Belly picture today.  I had been putting it off, but I figured we would want these pictures down the road, so Ben took a few on my iPhone today.  Here they are:


  

Ben and I called my parents today using Skype for the first time.  It was really cool - I know most of you have been using video Skype for quite a while, but this was a major event for us.  It was almost like we were in the same room!  I know Skype will be very helpful over the coming months and years since my parents live in Texas. We invite anyone to skype with us to see the baby this summer!
Also, today and Ben went to Babies R Us for the first time by ourselves.  I think we're getting a handle on all the various products we need to get over the next few months.  The newest idea came from our neighbor, Ann, who has a 2 year old and 4 month old.  She said that instead of getting a bassinet, she just used her "Pack and Play" as a bassinet and now it's great for other things too.  And, we're looking at getting a 3-wheeler stroller like a B.O.B. and getting an attachment so the car seat will fit in it, rather than getting a full stroller.  We would welcome anyone's advice on things that have worked for them!  

1 comment:

  1. Skype is wonderful. It's not new to most, but new to me. It doesn't make the distance from LC to LA any shorter, but may make the distance more bearable. Hope to "see" you real soon. Mom

    ReplyDelete