Friday, June 17, 2011

Week 2 Sleeping Eating and Pooping

So Simone has been home almost a full week now!  Sorry I have not posted until now, but I've been extremely busy with Simone.  We have been taking pictures, though, so I'll have a lot of nice ones to post today.

Since being home from the hospital, Simone has been doing great.  She is making being a first-time mom super easy.  She keeps a regular schedule of sleeping (a lot) and then waking up every 2-3 hours for diaper changes and feedings.  We are trying to keep her up a little bit more  during the day so she will fall asleep a bit more easily at night.  I can't complain, though.  I've been getting 2-3.5 hours of sleep at a stretch.  Simone just doesn't cry very much, and when she does she is easily soothed. Some friends are saying that we should watch out - that this doesn't last - so I'm appreciating it while it does!

Ben went back to work on Monday.  I cannot imagine having to go back to work right now, but Ben is handling it well.  I'm very much looking forward to this weekend with Ben and Simone.

Here are some pictures from this week.  I think she is already changing so much and starting to develop a little personality of her own:

Mom got this adorable outfit for Simone, and I couldn't resist dressing her up in it this week.  I thought it was going to be too big, but it fit her perfectly! 




This is one of my favorite photos - so sweet!

 Ben is a pro already at changing diapers.  Simone is a serial pooper - meaning, she waits until she has a clean diaper to immediately land another poop.  We tend to go through 2-3 diapers per change.  I've tried waiting it out, but I really think she's waiting for a nice clean diaper until she strikes again!


Another adorable shot showing her Dylla feet! (no dainty feet here!)



A friend of Ben's mom (Carole) got this football for Simone.  Ben thought that was cool.


Here is Grandma Carole with Simone today.


A major activity today was learning how to use the Moby Wrap.  It is totally awesome and I will definitely use it around the house as well as on certain outings.

 Simone is becoming more alert by the day!


Aunt Sheva (Ben's aunt) got Simone this Israeli baby book just for newborns.  All of the pictures are in black and white which is mostly what Simone sees at this point.  She actually seemed interested in the pictures, but that could just be my imagination.

2 comments:

  1. Kelly... just letting you know I stopped by and enjoyed reading about Simone's progress... and viewing all the sweet photos.. So happy that you and Ben are enjoying every moment... and it really doesn't ALWAYS get worse (sleeping/crying). Sometimes, that's just how they are! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joey! She has become a bit more alert - acting more like a baby than a 100% newborn. But still no long crying spells or anything like that!

    ReplyDelete