Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Vegas Baby! (literally)

Ben, Simone, and I are in Vegas this week. Ben is at a diabetes conference for work and Simone and I decided to tag along.  In addition to just having a change of scenery, we wanted to try out this relatively short trip to learn how to travel with a baby.  So far, I've learned that you need twice as much time to pack and you need to pack twice as much!

So what does one do in Vegas with a 2-month old baby?  Well, I learned yesterday that you do not - I repeat - do not - want to stay in your hotel room most of the day.  I thought it would be nice to just not do very much and relax (Ben got a very nice room for us) but I think by the end of the day we were both bored and Simone's fussy period was just too much for both of us.  Today, I took Simone out into the hotel and we walked, and walked, and walked.  I also got tickets for a few of the Exhibits and saw a Titanic exhibit, to be followed by "Bodies" and "Sharks" tomorrow.  Simone absolutely loves to be out and about.  She loves the stimulation.  You should see her eyes bulge out of her head looking at all the lights!  The sound and energy also soothe her, and she pretty much only falls asleep when out in public - the louder, the better!

Simone also has been smiling so much more and today she followed me around the room with her eyes.  It's great to connect with her in this way - it makes it all worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you didn't forget to take one of those tacky photos by the "Welcome to Vegas" sign.. she'll want to remember her first vacation! Have fun with Jennifer this week. I know she's looking forward to her trip!

    ReplyDelete